My Introduction
Good day,
My name is Abigail Acland, though everyone calls me Abby. I'm 21 years old and I'm non-binary, using only they/them pronouns. As far as family, I have my parents, a twin, and an older brother, as well as all my extended family. The picture below is a couple years old, but I haven't changed much and it took me a while to find even this one picture of myself.
I went to TDSS, Temiskaming District Secondary School, for high school. Afterwards, I didn't know what I wanted to do, but my favourite teacher taught chemistry and I liked learning science, so I went to the University of Waterloo for a Bachelors degree in Chemistry. I didn't make it through the first year, but luckily found a future job that interested me; Telecommunications. I am now at Durham College for 9-1-1 Emergency and Call Centre Communications.
For telecommunications, I'm starting as a volunteer at Community Care Durham, but I want to work at Concentrix working as an OnStar Advisor, then either going into police or medical communications, I haven't decided yet.
One interesting fact is that I have a twin who was born 5 minutes before me. Another fact is that I am a complete bookworm, my eighth-grade teacher made my goal for the year to read 50 books instead of the 100 books I originally put as my goal. The last fact is that I enjoy doing journals/essays/reports for school, a lot of people are shocked at that and think it's weird, but I love writing and researching anything for other people to read.
I'm doing this blog partly because it's an assignment, but I am going to continue with all six of the next blogs that are assigned because of my love for writing. I know there's the other task to drop two blog entries, but I much prefer writing and I like the thought of eventually coming back when I'm older and reading these again, looking back on how I've grown. I actually have two other blogs from past school assignments and it's nice to be able to look back on me in elementary school, then early high school and comparing it to how I write now. It helps that it's a good self-care activity to write, and I believe looking back at where I once was is another self-care activity for me.
Thanks for reading, that's pretty much everything about me!

Comments
Post a Comment